Why choose us...
Valley Vets Ltd is a local, independent, vet-owned practice that has treated over 250,000 pets in South Wales over the last 65 years
- We have a team of 47 dedicated, caring and highly committed staff
- Our 12 veterinary surgeons have over 150 years of combined experience in all aspects of small animal medicine and surgery
- Our 4 branches each have the highest possible Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons Accreditation
- The facilities, equipment and staff of a large, well-established practice with the customer service and continuity of a small family run business.
Hospital status & around the clock care
- Our RCVS Accredited Veterinary Hospitals in Ystrad Mynach and Cardiff are 2 of only 9 Hospitals throughout Wales
- We provide on-site 24/7 treatment for our patients, without the need for daily ambulance transfers
- You can rest assured that your pet will receive the best possible care, no matter what time of day or night they require it
- Our Veterinary Hospitals have each been manned continually by at least one vet and one nurse for more than 10 Years.
- In our care, your pet will never be without the veterinary supervision and constant care they require
Accredited small animal practices
- Our 2 RCVS Accredited Small Animal General Practices in Pentyrch and Caerphilly are staffed every weekday and on Saturday mornings
- Any ill or injured patients that need further care can be transferred to one of our two Hospitals, with you safe in the knowledge that their full clinical records will be available and your branch vet can retain involvement in the case during the day
- We provide the unique opportunity to ensure continuity of care throughout your pet’s stay
Expertise, experience and a passion for our roles
- Our progressive and enthusiastic team of vets and nurses have a diverse range of interests and expertise including internal medicine, surgery, diagnostic imaging, dentistry, rehabilitation, behaviour and ‘exotic’ pet care.
- In 2014 alone, we completed over 1300 hours of additional training to ensure our knowledge and skills are up to date and constantly improving
- A team constantly striving to provide the best care possible
Still not convinced? Then why not ask our clients and staff why they chose Valley Vets;
“When it comes to my pets, a good vet isn't really good enough. I want a great vet. Actually, I want the best.”
(Sue Revell - Cardiff)
“I simply don't know how to express how phenomenal this practice is.”
(Dr Sarah Trott - Bridgend)
“I work in a team in which every member shares the ethos that we must strive to do our best for our patients, their owners and each other. I am proud of the advanced level of procedures and techniques we can offer through high levels of investment in training and equipment.”
(Greg Dixon - Senior Vet)
“Valley Vets is like my extended family, they have supported and nurtured me throughout my whole career and I will be forever grateful for this.”
(Clare Ashworth - Head Nurse)